Workvantage International Workforce Solutions, recruiting on behalf of our client in
Work Location: Various locations throughout ON depending on client’s location.
Type of Employment: Full time – Seasonal / 6-month contract
Estimated Start Date: April 2020
Salary: $21.25 per hour, 40-45 Hours per week
Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of
Install sheet metal flashings
Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt
saturated felts and shingles
Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms.
Install or replace asphalt shingles, wood shingles and shakes and masonry or baked clay
roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience: At least 3 years of experience in the trade is required. If the candidate doesn’t
have at least 3 years of experience, then a post-secondary certificate is required.
- Experience installing asphalt shingles or similar products is required
- Valid Driver License is required
- Exterior work experience siding, soffit, fascia, Eavestrough, and experience in Carpentry, framing, sheeting, and wood work are strong assets.
- Familiarity with all types of roofing, such as, tile, shingles, and metal is an asset
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Handling heavy loads
Work under pressure
Able to lift up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Work at heights and outdoors
Important Information: This position requires working 40 to 45 hours per week, from Monday
to Friday. Work schedule is from 7am to 5pm with 1 hour of lunch and 15 min break. Flexibility
on schedule is required. Weekends/overtime may be required depending on the weather
conditions and projects schedules.